Learn more about career opportunities and what it is like to be a part of the Chux Trux family.
- Full-Time Positions
- Facts You Should Know Before You Apply
- Store Security
- Work Schedules
- Career Paths
- Career Opportunities
- What Customers Say about Chux
Chux Trux is very selective about hiring. Chux Trux is the best only because the people who work here are the best. Every step is taken to make sure there is a good fit between Chux Trux and the potential new team member.
- STEP 1
Complete the online application for a full-time position. This will automatically be sent to our Human Resources department. This must be done even if you want to send in your resume’ as well.
- STEP 2
After completing the application, it will be reviewed to see if there is a match between your experience & qualifications with our current positions we have open and their requirements. If there is a match, you will called to have a short phone interview. Should it be determined that we would like to continue to explore the possibility of you joining our team, you will take the Chux Trux assessment questionnaire. This initial process takes about 15-20 minutes. Your application and results will be reviewed by the Human Resources. If your assessment and application information pass Chux Trux standards...
- STEP 3
Face to face interview. This interview helps us determine if you are right for Chux Trux, and for you to find out if Chux Trux is right for you. If both of us agree there is a match, there could be additional interviews to determine if there is a good fit with our team. If there is…
- STEP 4
Drug screening, employment reference check, criminal background check and credit check (depending on position). If these check out...
- STEP 5
The Personnel Manager will make a job offer. But before you accept, make sure the job is right for you. You are encouraged to talk to store team members at any store to find out what the job is like.
- STEP 6
Training is an extension of the hiring process. During the orientation process, there is extensive one-on-one initial training, online training, and you and your Initial Trainer will have the opportunity to determine if Chux Trux is right for you. That's a lot of steps. And it's why Chux Trux is the best in the industry. Chux Trux standards for the people it hires is held to the same high level as the quality of its merchandise, store facilities, and level of service
- As a member of the store personnel team, you will be required to work weekends.
- Employees are required to work their regularly scheduled shifts. Since Chux Trux stores are open 6 days a week, we may have company or store meetings from time to time on Sunday’s or after hours.
- All Chux Trux employees are required to wear only specified uniforms and must comply with the employee appearance standards.
- The job is physically demanding, requiring you to be on your feet up to ten hours a day. Punctuality is a must since Store Team Members rely on you to have the store ready for peak sales periods. All employees are expected to be at work on time.
- Chux Trux customer service and operating standards are extremely high. Maintaining stores to CHUX standards means doing repetitive and routine tasks, including some of which you may not like, such as: emptying trash, picking up the lot, mopping floors, cleaning restrooms, sweeping lots, working in the shop, performing shipping & receiving tasks, and other things. All employees are required to complete tasks in scheduled hours.
- Staffing of part-time help is rare, due to the enormous amount of product knowledge training that is required, and the time that it takes to learn this critical information.
If you have read the above statements, and you understand Chux Trux expectations, please click on the link below.
Click Here to go to employment application.
The safety and security of Chux Trux store team members and customers are high priority concerns. Chux Trux has set and exceeded the standards for security in the industry.
- Chux Trux stores are all brightly lit both inside and out.
- Uncluttered front windows ensure open visibility to the street and/or parking area whenever possible.
- Multiple sophisticated alarm and video recording/surveillance monitoring devices are in place in every store.
All new store team members receive comprehensive safety training.
It all pays off. Chux Trux stores have an outstanding security record. That means our store team members and our customers have peace of mind.
Starting from the first day on the job, Chux Trux provides the training and the opportunity for each team member to reach their full potential.
Orientation training has two purposes. First, it provides all the information a new team member will need to be successful in his or her job. Second, it is an opportunity for the new team member and for Chux Trux to determine if the job will be a good fit.
New full-time team members receive a large amount of hands-on training. The first day consists of an orientation session with the Training Manager, usually at the Home Store in Independence, Mo. to give new team members a background of what Chux Trux is all about and what Chux Trux expects from them. Along with this, there is approximately 8 hours of online training. The rest of the two weeks is normally spent with a store manager at a high volume store, who will work side-by-side with the new team member in the store he or she will be assigned to. This one-on-one, on-the-job training has proven to be very effective in getting the new team member off and running.
Training continues throughout every team member's career at Chux Trux. Store Managers conduct follow-up training during weekly meetings with each team.
Newly promoted Store Managers go through a 30 day training period in their assigned store, and then have follow up training with the Training Manager.
Training is not something that is one way at Chux Trux. Everyone is expected to continually improve their own skills and abilities as well as to train and support other team members.
Every shift at Chux Trux is busy and involves a multitude of tasks. A typical shift in the life of a Chux Trux store team member might include any or all of the following jobs:
- Give fast, friendly, professional sales assistance
- Answer phones in the most professional manner possible
- Write orders
- Read daily e-mail
- Pick up the parking lot
- Wipe down counters and displays
- Check in vendors parts
- Restock the sales floor
- Sweep and mop floor
- Install parts per our systems
- Put up warehouse order
- Clean installation area
- Clean rest rooms
- Attend store team and 1-on-1 meetings
- Empty trash containers
- Clean sidewalk and parking lot
- Clean window/door glass
- Sweep and mop floors
- All while giving fast, friendly, professional assistance to our customers and SELL, SELL, SELL throughout the day
Sound like a lot? It is, and there's a lot of little stuff we left off the list.
Chux Trux is a place where Team Members work hard to make each store the very best they can. It is not an easy job, but it is one where team members who make the commitment have great opportunities to grow and succeed.
Job schedules for Store Management
Store management works open to close, 5 days a week, alternating Saturdays off. The manager working on Saturday will be off one weekday, normally Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday depending on the specific store employment situations.
Job schedules for full-time employee’s – non management
Regular full-time employees will almost always work Saturday, and be off Sunday (when we are closed) and one weekday. We try to keep work schedules are as consistent as possible to give our staff the same days off every week, but this is not guaranteed. You will generally have 1 full week’s notice on work schedules.
Part-Time driver jobs work flexible employment schedules based on customer flow and scheduled tasks. The job schedule may change from day to day. Store Managers work with the drivers on a daily basis regarding the following days schedule.
One of the keys to Chux Trux success is due to promoting people from within rather than hiring outside.
Chux Trux does everything possible to promote from within. We have an excellent track record for this in our long history. Based on how well you do their job and other factors, you may earn promotions to higher positions as they become available.
Chux Trux operates brick & mortar retail stores, selling to both wholesale & retail customers, as well as operate an ecommerce unit. All efforts are focused toward making every aspect of our business successful. That takes a lot of effort from all departments in the company.
Many of the people in key positions in support departments started in entry-level store positions. Some had prior experience or education. Many more had no prior work background, but showed the ability to learn new things, to take on new challenges, and produce results.
Here is a partial list of staff and management positions outside line operations currently filled by people who started in the stores:
- President/Chief Executive Officer
- VP Sales & Marketing
- Inventory Manager
- Fleet Accounts Manager
- Store Managers
- Assistant Managers
- Training Manager
Job Benefits at Chux Trux
Chux Trux offers a wide range of job benefits with employment opportunities. The job benefits programs listed are only a summary of job benefits and may be changed from time to time. Taking advantage of employment opportunities with Chux Trux can benefit you in many ways.
Insurance Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health: Chux Trux contributes approximately 50% of the total cost of the plan for the employee and immediate family
- Dental: Two free cleanings per year. Annual deductible and maximum per covered individual amounts apply
- Vision: Covers a portion of eye examinations and glasses or contact lenses.
- 401(k): Annual maximum amount of $15,500 from each employee's compensation can be invested in Chux Trux 401(k) plan. Chux Trux matches the employee's contribution at a 50% rate for up to 4% of their annual pay.
- Spiff opportunities on products
- Bonus plan based on a variety of factors
- Paid Holidays
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid Parental leave for childbirth or adoption
- Paid time off to volunteer for a local charity
Vocation Benefits (Earned Time Off)
- 2 days after 6 months of full-time employment
- 3 weeks after 5 years of full-time employment
- 4 weeks after 10 years of full-time employment
- 5 weeks after 15 years of employment
- Part-time employees accrue vacation after 2 years of employment
Other Job Benefits For Both Full and Part Time
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- Direct payroll deposit
- Employee assistance program
- Free Lunch once a month
- Employee discount – buy our items at cost. Labor at ½ price
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Treat others as you want to be treated
- Do Things Right
- Do the Right Thing
- Under-promise & Over-deliver in everything you do
- Self motivation
- Positive attitude
Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions and answers to what people should know about holding full time employment / part time employment with Chux Trux.
Q: Can I choose the store I work in?
A: No. Chux Trux will assign you to a store that best meets your abilities and that has an opening for full time / part time employment. Every effort will be made to assign you to a location that is reasonably close to where you live.
Q: Will I have to work weekends and holidays?
A: Yes. Chux Trux stores are always open, and that means most store team members will work on weekends. All Store Managers and Assistant Managers rotate weekends off. That's the reward for doing your job well and earning promotions.
Q: How often do we get paid?
A: Everyone in full time / part time employment is paid bi-weekly. Store profit, commissions, spiffs and customer service bonuses are paid monthly.
Q: How long does it take to get promoted?
A: It depends on available positions and on your performance. This can be as short as 6 months or take several years.
Q: What do I have to do to get promoted?
A: A number of factors are evaluated in employment. Key factors in employment performance are customer service, attendance, cash and inventory accuracy, contribution to the company through ideas and solutions you offer, customer service, teamwork, customer service, work pace and of course, customer service.
Q: Will I get a meal break?
A: Chux Trux people have developed a real talent for eating on the run. Although our stores are very busy, there's usually time to grab something to eat as long as you don't wait on customers with your mouth full.
Q: What is your dress code?
A: Ties and paper hats are forbidden. Store team members need to be fashionable and comfortable. Chux Trux has some of the coolest shirts for new full time / part time employees to wear. These are payroll deducted over a period of time, and you are reimbursed for them if you leave the company. Certain rules apply. We are pretty picky about the appearance of the employees who wait on our customers. No shaggy beards, wild mustaches, offensive tattoos, or tongue posts while employed at Chux Trux full time / part time.
Q: What kind of security measures do you have?
A: Chux Trux is very concerned about the security of full time / part time store team members and CHUX customers. More about security.
Q: Will I have to work a lot of overtime?
A: That depends on the situation. All Chux positions have posted hours they are required to work. We try to keep these as consistent as possible. Since payroll is the highest expense ANY company has, Chux Trux is smart about money and keeps overtime to a bare minimum. If we are short handed, someone on your team is sick or on vacation, overtime is likely. Of course, all hours worked over 40 during a week are paid at time-and-a-half.
Here are is sample from the thousands of unsolicited compliments from Chux Trux:
The first stop I made after purchasing my truck was to Chux Trux on 40 Highway.
Your people were very helpful and considerate to my needs for my truck in relationship to my job and pleasure.
I’m senior sales manager for a local beer wholesaler in the Kansas City metro market. I felt very confidante about my purchase of an A.R.E. cover after speaking with the salesmen and the gentleman that was going to install the cover.
Sr. Sales Manager
North Kansas City Beverage
I’m buying about $1,600 worth of Thule stuff from Jake at your Olathe store and he’s getting it installed for me next week. I also wanted you to know I think Jake is a great kid to work with and was very helpful with the Thule products. Please let me know if there’s anything we can do for you at Chux Trux! Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Communications Technology Specialist
Direct Communications Inc.
Well, my friends, I am happy to say that Chux Trux came through for me!
was in a jam for a windshield hinge over the weekend and Chux Trux was the only vendor that could get it to me same day. Rather than paying $62 to have the part sent over-night, they had it waiting for me by 3PM. AND TO BOOT, even though nobody knew of it, they even gave me a KCJeepClub discount!
The Olathe store took care of me and has earned my business. Just thought I'd share, as we talk about how nobody gets the "well done" anymore.
KC Jeep Club member
Thank you so much for helping us make our deadline with the blue trucks. You guys are awesome!!!! I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the great customer service your store provides us.
Vehicle Acquisition Supervisor