What’s the best soft folding tonneau cover? In our opinion, the Extang Trifecta 2.0 Signature Series soft folding truck bed cover is the best, for a lot of reasons. We’d even go as far as saying this is our store favorite. And in the 27+ years that we’ve been in business, we’ve pretty much installed them all.
So what makes this one stand out? Here are 15 reasons:
- It has a heavier duty aluminum rail construction than many of the competitors, especially when compared to the entry-level (read that as “cheap”) covers.
- Any folding cover is only as good as the hinges and seals they use. Extang uses “WeatherTuff seals on theirs that exceed OEM standards. And, hinges are a water entry point. The Trifecta 2.0 covers seal at all contact points to help keep the bed drier than cheaper knockoff covers.
- The hinges are called “MaxHinges” and the name pretty much says it all
- Installation is very straightforward, with no tools required.
- Their patented EZ Lock clamps take very little effort to use and they lock in place.
- For the corer brackets, instead of using a cheap plastic like the wanna-be competitors, Extang uses a 45-degree steel corner bracket for strength and stiffness.
- The rails are a heavier gauge aluminum than most and the crossbows are what they call “monster bows” which give you unmatched strength for holding weight on top (snow can get really heavy, really fast).
- The front clamps are called “Jaw=grip” clamps and they hook under the inside lip of your truck bed, without causing any damage to your truck.
- The clamps are self-storing inside the rails so they don’t flop around when your cover is folded up.
- Hold tight straps (think of them as the straps on a backpack) keep the cover in place when folded and stacked up behind the rear window.
- You can remove the entire cover for full bed access in about 60 seconds
- Best of all, the Signature Series takes a big step up from the standard Trifecta 2.0 by swapping in a premium canvas tarp that looks like a convertible top fabric. It’s show-truck worthy and always turns heads.
- It’s available for almost every truck built in the last 15 years.
- They have a toolbox version. It’s one of the only tonneau covers that work with a toolbox in your truck.
- It has a lifetime warranty. Yup. Lifetime. It covers almost everything except Mother Nature, Acts of God and vandalism. It covers defective materials or workmanship on all truck bed cover rails, aluminum components, clamps, bows, hardware and covering.
If you want to learn more about this cover or any truck bed tonno cover, give one of our experts a call and we’ll help you find the one that fits your needs the best. We stock many of these at our 3 stores, located in Kansas City, Mo., Independence, Mo. and Olathe, KS.