Chux Trux is open for business and is taking precautions so you can visit & shop in confidence. Whether visiting our showroom, working with our expert staff, having service or install work performed, the team at Chux wants our customers to know we are taking action.
To prevent the spread and contraction of Covid-19, our stores are taking the following steps and measures to ensure a safe and clean store environment:
- Hand Sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol for customers & staff
- Store door handles, counters, shelves, restrooms, and waiting areas are clean and wiped through the day with alcohol-based cleaning supplies
- Antibacterial hand washing soap for restrooms & sink areas
- Maintaining safe & courteous distances with customers
- Following the direction of the government, state and local authorities to prevent spread or contraction
We are not currently experiencing any Coronavirus-related disruptions for shipments to customer homes or stores.
If you have any concerns or questions or are looking for expert advice before placing an order, our friendly customer service agents will be happy to help.
- Independence, Mo. 816-373-8789
- Kansas City, Mo. 816-777-2589
- Olathe, Ks. 913-829-8789
Thanks for your continued support. We appreciate every one of you!
The Chux Trux Team
2017 Hot Rod Power Tour Kicks Off at Chux Trux in Kansas City!
An event you don’t want to miss is coming up this June 10 – 17. The 23rd annual, seven city, seven-day road trip called the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour. Open to all hot rods, muscle cars, collector cars, trucks, and performance cars, this tour draws thousands of car enthusiasts from all over the country to participate in this unique event.
At each stop along the way there are car shows and parties with food vendors and automotive vendors with product giveaways and just a lot of good fun and friends at every stop.
This year’s 1,400 mile, weeklong adventure powers through the heartland of America and begins right where last year’s tour left off, in Kansas City, MO. Then the tour travels through Newton, IA, Davenport IA, Champaign, IL, Madison, IL, and Indianapolis, IN, before wrapping up in Bowling Green, KY.
The organizers from Hot Rod Magazine expect over 6,000 vehicles to make the trek and possibly 100,00 spectators over the seven stops to see the cars and enjoy the activities.
Participants do have the option of only taking part in one or as few legs of the journey as they want but those who make the entire trip are included in the elite group of “long haulers” that receive special recognition at the end.
And of course, the event receives major coverage, not only in the pages of host Hot Rod Magazine, but also Car Craft, Street Rodder and other enthusiast publications.
The entire event kicks off on Friday, June 9th with a huge pre-Power Tour cruise night and party in the parking lot of Chux Trux northland store right here in Kansas City! Hosted by Laid-Back T-Shirts, this cruise will feature over 1,000 hot rods, muscle cars, and trucks of all kinds from all over the region and the country.
In addition to the all the amazing classic and custom vehicles there will be lots of great BBQ, some corn hole games, and plenty of other things to see and do!
Of course, Chux Trux will be open throughout the entire event so you can check out everything they have for your vehicle and perhaps pick up a few of those last-minute items you may need before heading out on Power Tour.
Other vendors are scheduled to be on hand too, like Pilot Transport, Kicker, and Adams Polishes so you can get what you need to make sure your ride stands out.
Activities begin right around 3:00 p.m. on Friday with a cruise to a local veteran’s hospital to show our appreciation for their sacrifice and give them a little break from the dull hospital routine. Then it’s on to the parking lot at Chux Trux so the party can get started. And you can be sure this will be the best kickoff party that the Hot Rod Power Tour has ever seen!
This won’t be like your typical stuffy car show but it will be much more than a normal cruise night too. They’re calling this the “Laid Back Kickoff Party”, hosted by Laid Back USA (the coolest T-shirt manufacturer anywhere!), and while there might be some other car activities going on around town on Friday, they won’t be anything like this or have anywhere near the variety of cars and trucks that will be at this event at Chux Trux.
You don’t have to be registered for the Power Tour to enjoy the kickoff party either. Everybody is welcome. It doesn't matter if you have a classic car or truck, or a new custom truck, muscle car or performance car, or even an off road Jeep, everyone is welcome to come and meet and hangout with the Road Tour participants, enjoy the food and games, and check out all of the vendor’s wares. Spectators are welcome too and there is no charge for this event.
This could prove to be the biggest automotive event of the year in Kansas City and everybody from the local car scene and beyond will be there.
So once again, the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour begins its 1,400 mile journey right here in Kansas City on June 10 with a pre-Tour kickoff party on Friday, June 9, sponsored by Laid Back T-Shirts and hosted at Chux Trux store in Kansas City's Northland located at 5005 NE Antioch Kansas City, Mo 64119. After a cruise to the veteran’s hospital around midday, everybody will start gathering at Chux Trux for the biggest cruise night in the area. The fun starts at Chux Trux around 3:00 p.m.
So shine up those rides, polish up those classic cars, tune up those muscle and performance cars and get on out to Chux Trux. And if you haven’t registered for all or part of the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, there’s still time to do so by clicking here: Hot Rod Power Tour Registration. See you there!
With the biggest, baddest & best car show in Kansas City rolling into town,
(that's Good-Guys)the Chux Trux crew thinks there is
no better way to get people excited than to
host an Early Bird Cruise Night at our place
the night before it starts!
Our Early Bird Cruise Night is sort of an un-official “Best Things to do in Kansas City” for any out of town hot rod and custom car owners coming in for the show.
Pulling your ride in a trailer? There is trailer parking just 1/4 mile East of Chux on the north side of the road, courtesy of Gordman's. Please park at the outer edges of their lot so their retail shoppers have parking close to their door.
What's going on?
- The Chux Trux Early Bird Cruise Night is on Thursday, August 30th from 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at our Chux Trux store in Independence, Mo.Muscle cars, hot rods, custom cars, street rods, collector cars, vintage trucks, motorcycles / bikes, lifted trucks, lowered trucks, mini trucks and any type of custom vehicles are welcome.
- If you just want to come to look, that’s ok too.
- Giveaways, t-shirts, hats and more:
- Set of 15" American Racing VN815 wheels in choice of 3 bolt patterns
- 50/50 drawing - 1/2 goes to Children's Mercy Hospital
- Monster Energy is giving away a MONSTER ENERGY Mini Fridge and will have samples all night
- Extang Tonneau Cover - win your choice of any Extang soft tonneau cover (they make them for classic trucks too)
- Three $100 Chux Trux Gift Cards to be given away
- Free nitrogen for the tires of any custom ride that shows up. Just ask.
- Hooter's girls handing out hot wings
- Electric Awards to be given away
- Monster Energy choice
- Hooter's girls choice
- Manufacturer's representatives will be making killer pre-show deals and answering questions
- A pin-striper will be on hand and can hand paint pin stripes on almost anything with a smooth surface. Cell phones, cars, dash boards, you name it!
- Food and drinks
- Music from our DJ
Below is a list of everything CHUX TRUX did to this truck.
BDS 6" Suspension Lift Kit
Moto Metal 20x10 MO959 wheels
Nitto Trail Grappler 37" tires
Custom designe matte black striping
Rhino Lining in the bed
We would like to thank BDS Suspension and Wheel Pros for helping us out with this truck.
You can also visit http://www.989therock.com/pages/3967466.php for more images.
CHUX TRUX is the SEMA 2010 Retailer of the Year!
By: Chris Ripper